The algorithmic trading revolution has forever changed our capital markets, as a majority of trading on exchanges is now performed by high-speed computer programs. Today, many trading organizations are armed with powerful quantitative techniques such as big data analytics, signal processing and artificial intelligence.
Unfortunately, the tools used by regulatory and compliance teams typically lag far behind the technological capabilities that traders use every day. This phenomenon has created a perception that the markets are “rigged” or, at the very least, an uneven playing field for ordinary investors.
At Neurensic, our mission is to provide clarity on the issue of market integrity through data, and level the playing field by building next-generation surveillance technology that can truly keep up with the high-frequency trading world. We help compliance, risk management, and regulatory professionals protect their organizations and the capital markets, in the face of shifting market dynamics and evolving regulatory mandates.
To support this vision, we invite you to attend Neurensic’s first Disruptive Trading Practices Symposium. We created this event with proprietary trading firms, FCMs, and regulators in mind, to foster industry dialogue and build on a community discussion around spoofing and other forms of market abuse. Ultimately, our goal is to promote awareness of these issues and explore new methods for the detection and prevention of potential regulatory violations.
- What: 2016 Disruptive Trading Practices Symposium, sponsored by Neurensic
- Where: Standard Club Chicago – 320 S. Plymouth Ct, Chicago, IL
- When: October 17th – starting at 4 pm (one day before FIA Futures & Options Expo in Chicago)
- Keynote speaker
- Leo Melamed, futures industry pioneer and Chairman Emeritus at CME Group
- Panel discussion
- Renato Mariotti, Partner, Futures, Derivatives and Securities at Thompson Coburn LLP
- Aitan Goelman, Director of Division of Enforcement at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Chris Hehmeyer, Managing Partner of HTG Capital Partners, LLC, a proprietary trading group, former chairman of the NFA and member of the FIA Board of Directors
- Steve Schweitzer, Senior Director of Enforcement Counsel Chicago at CME Group
- Keynote speaker
A Q&A session and networking, with drinks and appetizers, will follow the presentation.